Monday, January 27, 2014

Four New Sweaters

This was UFO week.  I sewed on so many buttons this week that I will be making pullovers for awhile until I can face a button again.  However, I now have 4 more sweaters. 

The first cardigan I decided to finish off was the navy jacket.  While I was on a roll, I finished the green cardigan jacket with the eyelet borders:
 
Then it was the raglan variegated cardigan:


 It seemed at first that it would be hard to find buttons that would go with this busy yarn, but I found some excellent ones at Beverly's.
I always thought that raglans didn't look good on me, but now I have changed my mind.  If the sleeves are 3/4 length and the seams are slightly fitted, the sweater looks very good.  It certainly is easier to sew in raglan sleeves than set-in sleeves.

The last sweater was the fair isle cardigan.  It's nice that this is finally done, but I don't think I'll make any more round yoke sweaters because I don't like the fit on me and how the yoke feels.  I'd like to try more fair isle though.
I'm almost ready to hang the light blue pullover on the machine.  It will be great to finish off a sweater without buttons.

No comments: