Friday, January 8, 2010

Beginning a New Year

Well, I won't kid you, last year was hard. My knitting mojo died off and I spent the second half of the year mostly sewing. I think I feel the urge to knit returning, though, and I will start off by making something smallish, like a hat. A girl can't have too many brightly colored hats, so I will have to start looking around for beret-like hat patterns. I don't like a hat that smooshes down your hair since my hair needs all the help it can get.

Most of my yarn is still in the storage unit. Here's the deal - after the window replacement and having to empty out the sewing/knitting room, we decided to replace the haphazard storage with a nice Expedit unit from IKEA. However, now we have to take down the current shelves and the stuff that is on them before we start putting the unit together. Oh yes, we have to buy the unit first, too. It has cubbyholes that will hold a lot of yarn. My daughter M has a black one stuffed full of beautiful sock yarn, but I am getting a white unit. I also have a bunch of pretty fabric storage cubes to put on top of the wood shelves. This is so that the avalance that will probably occur during the next quake will be somewhat soft on the head. Only after this is all in place can my yarn come home. On the bright side, the spouse has finally found the extra key to the storage unit and told me the secret code, so I can now go visit my yarn if necessary.

In other hat news, my daughter gave me two lovely handmade hats for Christmas, so I will try to take photos this weekend and show them off.

No comments: