Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New Pair Of Socks

First, a pretty view of the Pacific Ocean out of an upper window at the Ritz-C@rlton Hotel in Half Moon Bay. Not that we were staying there or anything, but they have to provide ocean access to the less-fortunate masses, so we took advantage of this to look over the hotel and take a few pictures. You can see the cliffs, golf course, and off to the right, the, I am sure, highly expensive guest houses with indoor pool. Very lovely spot.



I finally finished off the Tofutsies socks. I found the yarn to be easy to work with, if a little splitty, and soft and easy on the hands. It is an overcast morning so the light is dim, and these pictures are a little dark. The real colors are much brighter.

Work on the grey sweater proceeds slowly. I have finished knitting the neck band and just have to sew in the second sleeve and do the seams. And finish sewing down the band. I read in someone's fashion report that grey is supposed to be big this fall.


Here is one of the big lace charts I have drawn up for the knitting machine. The paper, for reference, is 8 1/2 x 11. I clip it onto the yarn holder rod so that it will be right in front of my eyes as I knit. Very convenient.

No comments: