Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pink Sock

I thought that this sock would go swiftly, being plain and all, but it is just trudging along. This is Lorna's Laces, Sherbet (color), and for some reason, I am having a hard time maintaining a consistent tension on the yarn, and it keeps twisting up on itself. The color is muy yummy, however.


I asked the oldest daughter to send me a few sketches for sweater designs that I could use to adapt the 3/4 sleeve sweater. Here are some of her ideas using both the raglan version and the set-in-sleeve version. I especially like 'C' with a decorative border on sleeves and hem and a deep 'U' neckline.


I am supposed to be resting my injured hand this week, so not much hand knitting going on, but on the plus side, the weather cooled off a mite and the fruit trees are ripening fast. A and I may make several batches of plum jam and apricot jam for her to take off to her new apartment. This tree has several different fruits grafted onto the same trunk, and has never before in its long life had so much fruit on it. I don't know what is so different about this year, but I am glad.

No comments: